I had a quiet moment on Sunday afternoon to read through my Facebook news feed and saw that Renee, aka Mummy Wife and Me, not only is she sporting a great new haircut but in a link that diverted me to her blog, it would seem that Renee has also nominated me for the Liebster Award.
A blog award given to other bloggers to show their appreciation and to let you know that they think your aw-right.
So now that makes it two Liebster Awards for The Windmill Paddock this year and quite frankly I'm over the moon and currently breaking out in song. (Just skip past the goat and dance away...
Now for the fun part and that is to answer a series of questions devised by Renee to get some dirt and perhaps shine some more light on me, Elisha. Here goes...
1. If you could star in a movie, which one would it be?
Any kids movie that gets the imagination going. Hook, Ever After, Mary Poppins, Bed Knobs and Broomsticks, The Secret Garden, Nanny McPhee to name a few. I just love them...I really am just a little kid at heart.
2. Tell me something you are good at.
Im a bit out of practice since having the children but id say playing netball would be one of my best talents.
3. Tell me something you are bad at.
Limiting myself to one biscuit, a single piece of cake, a few pieces of chocolate. Im all in. Once I start, I can't stop. I would also have to say saving money. Im terrible at that!
4. If you could live in any part of the world, where would you live?
I haven't seen a lot of the world to date so Australia is my pick and it would be anywhere with t shirt weather all the time and right next to a beach. I love the beach.
5. Morning or night person?
Easily a night owl. Though Im getting better at the morning gig since becoming a mum.
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I honestly couldn't say. There are that many occasions when something may have been 'embarrassing' but it ended up that hilarious its morphed and etched in my mind as being a funny story rather than an embarrassing one. Losing a bikini top in the surf, plenty of alcohol induced moments, breaking my arm in a night club, baking disasters...there are certainly a few.
7. If you won the Lotto, what would you do with the money?
Definitely help out the family with their debts, go on a big holiday, build my dream home with a beautiful garden to boot and purchase myself a beautiful, big, blue sapphire ring.
8. How did you meet your other half?
We met at a club called Pony in Melbourne back in 2008. It was random, late, dark and alcohol was involved. We bumped into each other a second night over the same weekend and the rest is history.
9. What is your dream career?
I always wanted to be a sports physiotherapist. I always loved learning about all the bones, muscles and joints and to use that knowledge with elite athletes as a physio would have been the best.
10. What is your favourite ‘me time’ activity?
Currently surfing the inter webs on social media and following blogs is a great way for me to unwind. I also love a bit of a potter in the garden and flicking over the pages of Home Beautiful, Real Living, or a Gardening Australia magazine.
These awards have been doing the rounds for a few months now so for the following bloggers Im mentioning next, all ill say is high five to you because I really enjoy reading your blogs.
There is no pressure to continue the chain especially if you have already done your bit on the Liebster Award front. For you as a reader though, definitely click on the links and peruse and amuse yourself as there really are some great minds and people out there.
Feel free everyone to join in on all or some of the questionnaire fun regardless in the comments section.
My 10 questions for you to answer if you do decide to play along are:
1. What was your favourite item of clothing you wore as a kid?
2. What was the best Santa present you ever received?
3. What is your go to drink when a party is on the cards?
4. What is your favourite meal/dessert/cake to make?
5. The best band/ performer you have seen in concert?
6. What is your worst habit?
7. What is your favourite one-liner from a movie?
8. What is the best place you have visited in Australia?
9. What did you do with yourself the year straight after you finished High School?
10. What's your go to song when you are in the best, happiest, ready for fun mood?
Im going to once again nominate the five blogs I mentioned as part of my Versatile Bloggers nomination as they all continue to be some of my favourites.
...and to this list Im also going to add
Thanks again Renee from Mummy Wife and Me for the nomination as it really does make my day all sparkly and nice.
Also don't forget to comment on my wine giveaway post. Im picking a winner at the end of this week.
Thanks for visiting today