A first for the Paddock: Ive been nominated.08:09:00
Last week I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had received my very first blogging nomination which was for The Versatile Bloggers Award.
A nomination passed on by a fellow blogger who may have been following along for a while and thinks that your blog is alright. How nice!
Firstly and without further a do, a very humbling Thank You must go to Simone from With Vintage and Me for passing the blogging batton on to me with this nomination. As a newby on the scene, it really did make my day and makes the time spent doing this caper very, very worthwhile. You can see what she kindly said about the Paddock here.
As part of my duties now as a 'certified' Versatile Blogger I am now prompted to share a few things with you that you may not know about me already.
I am also required to nominate a selection of my own favourite 'versatile' bloggers. These are blogs that are genuinely interesting and have me intrigued. They marry their lovely photography with beautiful words, as well as their uniqueness in the types of things that you may find out from their blogs. Basically they keep you coming back and back and back to see and find out more.
I am in good company you could say.
7 Things about Elisha...That's me, that you may not have known already...
1. I see myself surrounded by four children in the future. One more to go. (I haven't ruled out 5. Don't tell Cam!!)
I am the eldest of four kids, one of 50 grandkids on Dad's side of the family and cannot imagine not having a big family of my own.
2. I can easily
3. I have little idea about looking after chickens, but love having them in the backyard and eating their eggs, even though they hate coming anywhere near us and have destroyed my vegetable patches twice now. The war is in full swing.
4. My sporting repertoire would see me as a pretty good kick AFL style. Though I haven't done this since stopping working and was captain of my school team back in the glory days. The coach put me at full back as I had the biggest kick to get the ball as far away from the opposition goals as possible. I sometimes wish I had of had a crack in a women's league just to have a go and put my skills to the test. Instead I stuck to netball and wasn't too bad at shooting when given the chance. I also won The Best Batter award when I played my first of three seasons of Baseball when I was 22. I got to 1st base every single time I went to plate apparently. I just hit the ball and ran. I still don't understand the rules of this game.
5. I can now officially say Im in the wine business as my name has made it to the latest wine labels for our Tarzali vintage 2014. Watch this space.
6. I loathe ironing the clothes. I iron when I need to wear an item and rarely even iron hubby's shirts for work.
7. I listen to ABC radio. Its on pretty much all day long, softly playing away in the background. A huge switch from the live music scene, my latest CD purchases, festivals, RRR and JJJ pre-children days. (Getting old...ha ha) I love hearing about all the local news and issues going on in our local area, radio talkback, the Couldabeen Champions on Saturday mornings, Grandstand and my ears prick up especially when the gardening segments come on.
There are so many i could choose from for this award but today my nominations for 'The Most Versatile Bloggers Award are: (You may detect a bit of a 'country' theme going on here.)
1. 13 Acres
Lou and Brenda are the creators of this lovely space. They have made the move from the city to Beechworth Victoria in an attempt to become more self-sustainable and to enjoy the freedom and open spaces that only country life can bring. They live on their 13 Acre property with their two children and I enjoy reading their stories of growing produce and preserving food keeping in with their Italian traditions, the beautiful photography in each and every post and you can now also peruse a new online store which has just been launched.
2. She Sows Seeds
Emma too has recently made the move with her hubby to a little piece of country paradise close to her family in Gippsland Victoria. She shares stories of life in general, delicious home baked recipes, her amazing crafting skills and now her beautiful daughter Eleanor. I love her vintage, country style that shine through beautifully in her simple words and gorgeous photography.
3. Country Life Experiment
I stumbled across Jo's blog 'A Country Life Experiement' through a Garden Share Collective blog. I was in awe at the scale of the family vegetable and fruit production on their farm and how they go about it. They grow a lot! She cooks delicious recipes and preserves from all their produce and I really enjoy reading her stories of how it all came to be, farm life and raising kids in the country.
4. A Year in My Garden
This is a new blog that I have started following recently and I love it because much of it is just simply enjoying the garden and all the simple wonders that it brings.
Here you will meet Jools, and you will discover all the good, warming of the heart stuff that life in a small country town in the Southern Highlands of NSW can bring.
I do recommend heading over to all of these lovely blogs and liking their Facebook pages for a start. They really are inspiring, idea raising, have a cup of tea kind of places. You will learn something new each and every time you click on over, especially if you love homegrown cooking goodness, beautiful photography and all good things chooks, veggies and gardening.
Thanks for visiting today