Valentines Day Special: Wine Style08:22:00
Valentines day is usually written off as just another day around these parts. I certainly dont expect anything from Cam to mark the occasion nor does he from me. There might be a bit of lip puckering on the cards but that's about all. A child-free, drink all the red wine you can, not necessarily a candle lit dinner evening would be a treat, but thats not going to happen here anytime soon. If you call it romantic making a cup of coffee for hubby before he jets off to work in the morning, then you better come round here and pop all the floaty cloudy hearts dancing above our heads.
Scanning blog land of late it has certainly got me to thinking that maybe it would be nice to make some sort of effort not only for a bit of fun, maybe for a laugh but also to make that obvious note to say those lovely three words I LOVE YOU!!! ha ha!
Being the Windmill Wind-Down today I thought a few little gift ideas with a wine theme would be just what you need and would suit today perfectly. It is Valentines Day after all.
Here is what I found in internet/ google land to mark this lovely-dovey, shower your number one in gifts day. Personally I would just like a big, full as a goog glass of #6 please. Any kind of Sparkling Shiraz; straight up. Any suggestions? I can have a little tipple!
1. Ha! Penfolds Grange at a lazy $800+ a bottle. In my dreams you say outright. Well maybe not? The Duke of Wellington in Melbourne is giving the less fortunate than Gina Rinehart types a chance to taste this liquid gold at a fraction of the cost. Head to The Duke of Wellington web page for all the details but I can tell you that you'll be able to shout your number one a shot of Penfolds Grange for only $25. The last time I stepped into this place I had a pot and the wall paper was falling off the walls. Amazing what a reno and some wine innovation can do.
2. Nerd Alert!! A USB in a cork. Does your number one share, store and lose copius amounts of files from the computer, files that you can only ever imagine were in existance. Store them safely with love on this USB. Details here.
3. Stopper with a lock. Yep thats right! Stop
4. For the cycling enthusiast. No need for a bag with this gadget...'I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike....'You can pick one of these beauties here.
5. Feeling sentimental? Remember that awesome night when.....Well if you can remember that awesome night that is. Especially after all the bottles of red you had with your number one. Regardless, it was fun so mark the occasion and remember it forever by keeping one of the labels from that said bottle. This gadget will save you soaking the crap out of it in the kitchen sink and As Mr Maker would say...'Frame it'!! Find the kit here.
6. Now the only reason you give a bottle of wine to your number one is so that you too can drink the fine bloody stuff yourself. That is not rocket science and is the gift that keeps on giving. Im sticking with my Sparkling Shiraz for this one. From memory, Campbells Winery in Rutherglen do a mighty fine one. Sweet plum fruits, earthy notes, licorice and Mocha...Enough said. Here is the link.
7. Perhaps your number one has a thing for Harry Potter or is a bit of a wizard in the bedroom if you get my drift. Look no further than the Phillip Stein Wine Wand. A wine whaaaaat???
This magical piece of wine gadgetry has been created I qoute 'to accelerate the breathing of wine through the use of natural frequencies needed during the aeration process. This process allows your favorite wine to be perfected and ready to drink in only minutes.' Unqoute. Chuck out that old karaff and get your self a steiner. Its only $525.00???
You'll be up to those wizardry tricks (wink wink) in no time. Sha-Zaaam!!!
Thats it my friends. All you need for the perfect Valentines.
Check out what I made for Valentines Day on Instagram, and no its not a coffee for my number one. It's so much better than that. Sheesh!
Dont forget to pucker those those lips for your Number 1.
Thanks for visiting today